What personal data do we collect about you?
For us to process your order, we need to know your name, email address, delivery address, credit/debit card number, security code and expiry date. We will not collect any information about you unless it is specifically and knowingly provided by you. The information we collect will be accurate and up to date. You can check this at any time by contacting our customer care team. We will immediately correct any inaccuracies you report. We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile);
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information);
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media);
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site
- Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent. If you also shop in our salon, we may combine information you give us in-store (e.g. if you make a purchase or join our mailing list in-store) with the information above.
What do we use this personal data for?
- To fulfill your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- We will look at the products you buy, together with the way you view our site to enable us to send you information about products and services that you may be interested in. We will use this information to tailor your view of the site to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
Who do we share this personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With other companies as necessary to operate the Site such as Google Analytics, Bing Analytics, Mailchimp, Veeqo Inventory, Review companies.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so
This Site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access. This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel. Whilst we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our Site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information that has been transmitted to our Site. Our site is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Ensure that you log out when you finish using a shared computer.
Storage and Retention
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. In addition to the company’s safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act (the ‘Act’). The Act requires us, as registered Data Controllers, amongst other things to ensure that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. We take the risk of internet fraud very seriously. With the volume of fraudulent credit card transactions increasing, we make every effort to ensure all orders are thoroughly checked using the information already supplied. There is a possibility we may contact you to make additional security checks and we ask for your co-operation to enable us to complete them. Fraudulent transactions will not be tolerated by us and such transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities.
We love to keep in touch with our customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email, phone or post. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you. If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in!), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights). You may also see ads for our Site on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads to customers who have visited our Site). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data, including the right to access, portability, correct, and request the erasure of your personal data. You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing. We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
Should you wish to close your account, please contact our Customer Service Team who will be happy to organise this. Once you cancel your account you will no longer be able to shop online or receive emails from us. You can re-register at a later date using the same email address, however any historic order information will not be available to view.